English Arabic Mathematics Content Translator
2016/07/10 Cairo · Egypt
Translate documentation, explanation, and general instructional materials for mathematics students and teachers.
- Translate from Arabic to English and vice versa while retaining the meaning of the original text.
- Read original material and rewrite it in the target language, ensuring that the meaning of the source text is retained.
- Research technical and scientific phraseology to guarantee the most precise translation.
- Compile information, such as technical terms used in Mathematics, into glossaries and terminology databases to be used in translations.
- Ensure the text is in line with Chestnut in-house style.
Qualifications & Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in literature or mathematics is preferable
- 0-3 year(s) of experience in translating technical documents
- Good command of English and Arabic
- Managing work schedules to meet deadlines
- Ability to relate to K-12 students
- Experience in using XML templates is a plus
Job Behavioral Competencies
- High communication skills
- An attentive approach to their work and an eye for detail
- Well-organized and having analytical thinking skills
- Good time and stress management skills
- Problem solving skills
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Willing to learn
- Monthly gross salary offered for this position is in the range of 3,000 EGP–5,000 EGP.