K-12 Content Writer
2016/04/27 Cairo · Egypt
Create, develop, and edit a variety of explained mathematics materials aligned with the in-house standards to create a variety of solved examples.
- Research, process, and develop content based on mathematics curriculum for K-12 school students.
- Apply various instructional strategies, models, and theories for content development.
- Effectively utilize instructional design theories and models.
- Interpret pedagogical intent of materials and translate appropriately into online and web-based content.
- Develop K-12 level mathematics based content that is complete, accurate, and meets Chestnut requirements for quality, style, and functionality.
- Being comfortable with writing about mathematics related topics.
- Learn and apply several instructional strategies and theories to create content.
- Receive and work upon constructive feedback through content review process.
- Collaborate with team members as a member of a cross-functional team.
Qualifications & Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Mathematics, Education, or Mathematics discipline is a plus
- 0-2 years of experience in instructional designing or content development
- Excellent command of English language
- Basic knowledge of HTML for text formatting and LaTeX for equation formatting is a plus
- A meticulous approach to work and an eye for detail
- Ability to maintain high-quality work while meeting tight deadlines
- Ability to learn new subjects and grasp new concepts quickly
- Ability to relate to K-12 students
Job Behavioral Competencies
- High communication skills
- Strong creative and critical thinking skills
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- Flexibility and willingness to learn
- Positive and high-energy attitude
- Monthly gross salary offered for this position is in the range of 3,000 EGP–5,000 EGP.