2016/08/11 Cairo · Egypt
The administration manager oversees the administrative services to ensure that the premises is equipped with the supplies and services required to maintain a smooth flow of work on a daily basis.
- Direct, coordinate and plan essential services such as security, maintenance, fleet, cleaning, customs, and food services.
- Plan the best allocation and utilization of space and resources for the premises.
- Monitor the facility to ensure that it remains safe, secure, and well maintained.
- Respond appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise and deal with their consequences.
- Supervise and coordinate the work of security and cleaning contractors.
- Check that the agreed upon work by the staff or contractors has been completed satisfactorily and follow up on any short comings.
- Maintain up-to-date lists of contractors and pricing arrangements to ensure that the company achieves the most favorable commercial terms.
- Assess and negotiate the best deals with services’ contractors and suppliers.
- Determine which transportation provider should be selected and act as the primary contact with the selected provider.
- Develop an integrated network of transport services to ensure that the best possible use is made of the company’s resources for transport.
- Assist in the development of the fleet services budget to include a review of the past year’s expenses.
- Adjust and administer all deals with the providers of staff transportation.
- Record and maintain licenses and repair/maintenance records of the department’s cars, as well as conduct preventive maintenance checks.
- Oversee the process of maintenance and repair of the building as well as its electrical system.
- Supervise food services staff to ensure that they provide high quality services to employees.
- Plan, organize, direct, control, and evaluate the operations of customs.
- Resolve complaints regarding services provided by the department staff.
- Prepare and review operational reports and schedules to ensure accuracy and efficiency.
- Deal with the corporate lawyer regarding the company’s legal issues, and provide him with any required documents.
- Oversee the translation of all legal documents from Arabic to English and vice versa.
- Oversee and coordinate preparations for social activities (Iftar party, trips, book fair, …etc).
- Establish and maintain effective formal and informal links with relevant government institutions, agencies, and local authorities, including the General Authority for Investment and Free Zones (GAFI).
- Negotiate the purchase of materials and equipment required by the company, ensuring that they meet the specifications and can be delivered at the desired time at the most favorable prices.
- Carry out and supervise audits on fixed assets and recommend changes when necessary.
- Maintain records of mobiles, iPads, and laptops provided to employees as well as monitor their expenses.
Qualifications & Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8+ years of experience
- Facilities management experience
- Technical knowledge of building services
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Sound knowledge of health and safety regulations
Job Behavioral Competencies
- Excellent leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Customer and client management skills
- Problem solving and decision making abilities
- Planning and organizing skills
- Accuracy and attention to details
- Self-motivated with ability to work on own initiative and meet deadlines
- Monthly gross salary offered for this position is in the range of 8,000 EGP–10,000 EGP.